Welcome to my Private Little Cyberspace
After growing up in the small town of Maissau in Lower Austria, I got a degree in electrical engineering/communications engineering at the Technische Universität Wien (Vienna), Austria. Then I went on to do my Ph.D. at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland.
Currently, I am Distinguished Scientist and Director of the Video & Analytics Program at the Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC) in Singapore, a joint research center by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) and the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), where I lead the Vision & Interaction Group (vintage).
I also have these additional roles:
- Co-founder of Opsis.
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- Member of QoMEX Steering Committee.
- Member of IEEE Image, Video, and Multidimensional Signal Processing Technical Committee.
- Executive Committee Member of IEEE Singapore Section.
- Vice Chair of IEEE Singapore Signal Processing Chapter.